Kempinski Ambience Hotel, Delhi
1, CBD, Maharaja Surajmal Road, Near Yamuna Sports Complex • Delhi – 110032
Baked Red snapper with olives and tomatoes
An easy to make simple dish , fresh and nutritious
Red snapper fillet ( cleaned and trimmed) 700 gms ( 160-170 gms each)
Plum tomatoes 8 nos
Olives mixed I cup
Onion medium sized peeled 2 nos
Basil 1 sprig
Lemon 1 no
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
White wine 1 cup
Olive oil 40 ml
Garlic 5 cloves
- Marinate the fish fillet with salt pepper and lemon juice
- Blanch and peel the plum tomatoes , blend half of them to puree
- Slice onions roughly , and crush peeled garlic cloves
- Cut remaining tomatoes into wedges
- Crush the olives also .
- Sear the fish on both sides , and put aside
- In a casserole heat olive oil , sauté sliced onion and garlic
- Add in the puree tomatoes , give one boil place the fish on top
- Cover with remaining tomatoes , olives , garlic , basil olive oil and white wine
- Place lemon peels on top .
- Cover with foil , bake in a medium oven for 12-15 minutes .
- Take out and serve with fresh hot bread .